Do You Want Classic Horror Collectibles

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Classic Monsters On Your Doorstep

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween and I am ready to report for duty. First it is trick or treat time with my daughter (probably the last year unfortunately) then movie time spent with some of my classic horror favorites via my DVD collection since regular television seems to have forgotten that horror movies did exist prior to 1970.

I am really going to try and take in today all I can because I know come tomorrow the decorations will be gone for another long year, at least outside of my home they will be gone but things seems to hang around here all year round.

Where is everyone?

Back in the 70's when I was a kid darting from house to house on Halloween night the streets were filled for hours and hours with a endless sea of kids in various costumes from creepy classics like vampires and werewolves to just about everything else. Just as classic horror movies are few and far between so is the amount of interest in trick or treating, be it the amount of people out on the streets or houses that aren't participating and have dark unlit doorways.
I'm not sure what has happened over the years but I hope it will turn around bring back the glory days I remember so well.

Classic Horror Style

One thing that is still holding strong is the characters used in halloween decorations. Aside from the mandatory Witches, Skeletons and Jack O Laterns, good ole Dracula, Frankestein, The Wolf Man, and The Mummy are still the main figures in most things so the classic horror favorites are still holding strong and until we start seeing charactures of Jason, Freddie and Micheal Myers more often this dynasty still lives on classic as ever.

Have fun and we will do it again next year or why wait till next year, as King Diamond sings to us.....Every night is halloween. Sound good to me.

No comments: